Some people may think a candle is a candle, same no matter where you buy, but better quality candles really do give you much more for your money and in return provide a more pleasant experience all round. A good quality candle should be safe to burn for a start and not pollute your lovely home! I always like to think of candle makers as the perfume masters for our homes as they pay the same attention to candle scents as perfume masters pay to scent, so a good quality candle is a nice treat.
I thought I would take a moment to share some thoughts on what it takes to make a good quality candle. Over the years there have been some let us say candle mishaps and it also goes without saying it is better environmentally conscious when making our home smell nice.
- First and for most, who wants nasty toxins burning in their household such as lead and Paraffin
- A good quality candle should contain naturally derived wax. The most popular wax tends to be soy wax, coconut, rapeseed and bees wax
- A high quality natural wax should burn evenly which in turn provides more value for money as the candles burn for longer, win win!
- A good candle will have high quality fragrance and essential oils.
- Fragrance oils are often used due simply to the fact that not all flowers and plants in the world can be used for oil so this helps candle makers create some of the popular scents we all love
- The candle should also be crafted to ensure that the scent is all the way to the bottom so that you can enjoy the scent you love all the way to the very last burn
- No additives added to the fragrance also keeps the candle natural and safe
- The best wick for a natural and clean burning candle is cotton or wood as some candle wicks can contain lead which of course is going to burn off toxins into your home
- A good quality wick will also provide a good consistent flame which means a nice even wax pool
I hope you have found this useful 😊
Chat soon Laura